Please read the following carefully to understand Urvibes S.A.R.L.’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Urvibes S.A.R.L. ("Urvibes/"we"/"our"") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when Urvibes, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
2. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
3. Urvibes is intended for use by those 18 or older for personal information purposes only. In any event Urvibes does not knowingly collect personal information from people under the age of 18. If Urvibes learns that a person under the age of 18 has provided it with personal information, Urvibes will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
4. By creating a profile on Urvibes using our sign up service or using Facebook Connect, you authorise Urvibes to collect, store, access and use that information which you have agreed to provide to us or that Facebook provided to us. We may use this information from your Urvibes profile or your Facebook profile to create a publically accessible profile for you in Urvibes. The information provided from your Urvibes profile or your Facebook profile shall include your full name, email address, date of birth and profile picture.
5. Location Data
Urvibes creates a social community for its users, where your location and that of other users is publically shared within Urvibes. Your location data is sent to us when you install Urvibes and each time you use Urvibes, and if you choose, by amending the privacy settings, including automatically whilst Urvibes is not operating on your iPhone device so that we may send you push notifications.
Your location is made available on a general information basis to other users, and does not provide other users with your detailed location.
We collect your location data to understand how users use Urvibes and to provide you with the social networking functionality made available through Urvibes (which may include from time to time advertising and offers based on your location). When you inform about a live event on Urvibes, you will be sharing that information with other Urvibes users, and so to help create the Urvibes social network and to increase engagement on Urvibes.
By using Urvibes you accept and agree to us obtaining, storing and using your location data.
We store your location data which is obtained via Urvibes for 12 months, or otherwise until you delete Urvibes and notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org hat you wish for the data to be deleted.
6. In addition during your use of Urvibes you agree that the following terms will apply:
We may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to Urvibes (such as your name, email address and date of birth) when you sign up to Urvibes.
We may also record which parts of Urvibes you use and as user patterns. This information will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used:
We may also record which parts of Urvibes users use and user patterns. This information will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy.
If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that is incorrect please contact us as described above and we shall provide details for you to correct or remove the data as you request as soon reasonably practicable.
By subscribing to or using Urvibes and submitting your data you agree to this use.
7. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 2000 men aged under 40 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, users in a specific area). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
9. Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Urvibes S.A.R.L. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your mobile device by software that you install. They are widely used in order to make websites/software work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
You may delete cookies and other similar tools from your iOS device by deleting Urvibes. You can also opt out of personalised adverts by visiting https://oo.apple.com on your iOS device.
11. Please note:
You use Urvibes at entirely your own risk. It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. People may provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading, unlawful or illegal. We have no way of telling if statements made by other users are true. This is a decision that can only be made at your discretion and the exercise of some degree of caution is recommended. By using Urvibes and its services you accept that this is the case and accept the risk associated with it. Users must take particular care in relation to the disclosure of their own personal information.
12. Third Party Communications
We may share the information you have provided with partners of Urvibes S.A.R.L. and its affiliates. We may also share this information with other carefully selected companies or organisations in order that they may inform you of their products and services.
In certain circumstances we may share your information with our partner companies and services who act on our behalf with activities such as, but not limited to, fulfilling orders, processing payments, carrying out, promotional services and data management.
Urvibes S.A.R.L. will only provide these companies with the information which they need to carry out their services and they will not be allowed to use the information for other purposes. They will only be allowed to use your information in the way in which we instruct them and as permitted by the latest version of the French data protection Law "n° 78-17 du 6 janvier 1978 relative à l'informatique, aux fichiers et aux libertés".
You also acknowledge and agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to conform to any requirements of law, comply with any legal process, to prevent and detect fraud and to protect and defend Urvibes’s rights and property.
You may opt out of marketing communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" link on any marketing email or amending your settings.
13. Sending your data overseas
It may be necessary for us to transfer your information to countries outside the European Economic Area which do not provide the same level of protection as France. If we for any reason need to do so, we will make sure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and France’s data protection law and other applicable data protection laws so that your personal data is kept secure.
The servers that currently store the information we collect from Urvibes are powered by Google’s App Engine (cloud.google.com/products/app-engine).
14. Third Party Products and Services
Urvibes may contain links to other sites or services of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave Urvibes, you should note that we do not have any control over those third party sites or services. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Such sites and services have not been verified or reviewed by us and we have no liability for any use and access of them.
15. Apple’s iAd
Urvibes may use services provided by Apple’s iAd. Those services may include the use of a tracking pixel, agent or any other visitor identification technology that collects, uses, shares and stores data about end users of Urvibes. More information about this and how Urvibes may use this information can be found here: www.apple.com/privacy. By using Products that use Apple services you agree to this use.
To opt-out of the use of Apple services, please do so here: www.apple.com/privacy.
16. Ad Serving Technology
17. Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
18. Access to Information
The French data protection law "n° 78-17 du 6 janvier 1978 relative à l'informatique, aux fichiers et aux libertés" gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the law.
19. About Urvibes S.A.R.L.
For the purpose of the French data protection law, the data controller is Urvibes S.A.R.L.
We are a company in Paris, France.
We are currently registering our company and will communicate our company number shortly.
Company address: 30 rue Moret, Paris, 75011, France
20. Contact Information
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed: By email to Urvibes S.A.R.L. at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to respond to any query or questions within two business days.